A cookie It is a text file harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The usefulness of the cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit when you return to navigate that page. Although many people do not know it, cookies have been used since 20 years ago, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
It is not a virus or a Trojan, not a worm, or spam or spyware, or open pop-up windows.
The cookies They do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they save is of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of contents, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but with your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because it is actually associating the browser, not the person.
- Cookies Technical: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered, basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies Analysis: They collect information on the type of navigation you are doing, the sections you use the most, products consulted, time zone of use, language, etc.
- Cookies Advertising: They show advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
The own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and the third They are generated by services or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
So that you understand the scope that can have to deactivate cookies I show you some examples:
- You will not be able to share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of that website, such as My Account is My profile o My orders.
- Online stores: It will be impossible for you to make purchases online, they will have to be telephone or visiting the physical store if you have it.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographical preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website can not perform web analytics about visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- You will not be able to write on the blog, you will not be able to upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web will also not be able to know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- No advertising may show sectioned, reducing advertising revenue from the web.
Yes. Not only eliminate, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove cookies of a website you must go to the configuration of your browser and there you can search for those associated with the domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Here is how to access a cookie specific browser Chrome. Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences through the File menu or by clicking the customization icon that appears on the top right.
- You will see different sections, click on the option Show Advanced Options.
- You see Privacy, Content Settings.
- Choose All cookies and site data.
- a list will appear with all cookies ordered by domain. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a certain domain enter partially or totally the address in the field Search cookies.
- After making this filter one or more lines appear on the screen cookies of the requested web. Now you just have to select it and press the X to proceed to its elimination.
To access settings cookies browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- You see Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access settings cookies browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- You see Options o preferences according to your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- En History choose Use custom settings for history.
- Now you will see the option Accept, you can activate or deactivate them according to your preferences.
To access settings cookies browser Safari for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- You see preferences, then Privacy.
- In this place you will see the option block cookies to adjust the type of block you want to make.
To access settings cookies browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- You see Settings, then Safari.
- You see Privacy & Security, you will see the option block cookies to adjust the type of block you want to make.
To access settings cookies browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press the key Menu, then Settings.
- You see Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept to enable or disable the box.
To access settings cookies browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Opens Internet Explorer, then More, then Configuration
- Now you can activate or deactivate the box allow cookies.